This page is meant to provide you with more information on FBC’s benevolence ministry (know as First C.A.R.E), Options Pregnancy Center of Cabot, and Women on Missions – who they are, what they do, and how you can connect.
406 W. Pine St.
Hours: Monday and Thursday, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
C.A.R.E. = Christian Assistance, Resources, and Encouragement
To meet the physical and spiritual needs of the needy, the transient, the hungry, and those with other specific needs in our community and our church. This assistance is ministered in the name of Jesus to show our clients the love of Jesus that they might receive the redemption of Jesus.
First C.A.R.E. is the result of a very intentional process that First Baptist began in the mid-1990’s to determine our Lord’s direction to meet the needs of the community. This process included prayer, church and community surveys, and many hours of research and planning. The first clients were served in April 1998.
The ministry serves individuals who reside in Cabot, Austin, and Ward; individuals traveling through the area; and the homeless. First C.A.R.E. offers two food assistance programs. The first is what we call “Pantry Food” and is available to our clients every 3 months regardless of income status. The second is what we call “USDA Food” and is a program sponsored by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. This food is available on a monthly basis and is subject to federal income guidelines. Clothing is available to our clients on an as needed basis, but we do ask that they limit themselves to three outfits per family member per visit. First C.A.R.E. also offers limited financial assistance for utilities, prescriptions, or housing. This assistance is limited to approximately $50 once in a twelve month time period.
In addition to meeting physical needs, First C.A.R.E strives to meet the spiritual needs of our clients. During the interview process, clients are asked about their spiritual beliefs and church affiliations. Bibles, devotional materials, and religious tracts are available to our clients. Volunteers also pray with/for clients when requested and present the plan of salvation if led to do so.
First C.A.R.E. is financially supported primarily by the benevolence offerings and other contributions received from the membership of First Baptist. Regular financial support is also received from Mt. Carmel Baptist Church, Fellowship Bible Church, Faith Baptist Church, Bible Church, Our Savior of Lutheran Church, New Life Church, and Austin Station Baptist Church. Many other organizations such as Arkansas Hunters Feeding the Hungry, Cabot Christmas Alliance, Rotary Club, Cabot Garden Club, Lonoke County Retired Teachers, Cabot Dance Academy, FBC Wee Care, and USPS donate food and money. Individuals throughout FBC and the community also donate clothes, food, and money.
Point of Contact to Volunteer: Patty Riggs
You can also support this ministry with your prayers:
1) Pray for their volunteers that they would be sensitive to the spiritual needs of it’s clients.
2) Pray for their clients that they would be receptive to the message of our Lord’s redemption and healing.
3) Pray for the physical and spiritual strength of our volunteers.
4) Pray for the construction of the new First C.A.R.E. building.
Women on Mission:
Meet the 1st Tuesday of each month, 6 pm, in room 101, Cabot FBC
Contact: Rose Jones Jones98@comcast.net
Purpose of WOM
- Pray for missions
- Engage in mission action and personal witnessing
- Learn about missions
- Support missions (financial, missionary families)
- Develop spiritually toward a mission’s lifestyle
- Participate in the work of the church & denomination
- Caroline Baptist Association – Cheryl McCollough, WMU Director, 501-605-2993
- Arkansas Baptist State Convention, Little Rock, AR, 800-838-2772
- Southern Baptist Convention
Options Pregnancy Center (formerly A Woman’s Place)
Options Pregnancy Center is a non-profit, pro-life, Christian ministry. Our goal is to provide hope and healing to those in an unplanned pregnancy and those affected by abortion.
The focus of our center is
- to bring compassionate help to women and teens who are unprepared for pregnancy
- to present sexual abstinence as a positive lifestyle for singles
- to provide the opportunity for healing and restoration to those who have been hurt by abortion
- to present Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
is to provide physical, emotional and spiritual support to women and families who are experiencing unplanned pregnancies, regardless of their financial means or spiritual backgrounds. all services are provided regardless of what decisions women make before or after their pregnancies. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, or marital status.
- All life has value
- Every life has a purpose, and should be given the chance to make a difference
- Human life exists and begins at conception
- Abortion is an unnatural termination of human life
- That the trauma of abortion is at the root of various addictions, disorders, abuse and depression suffered by some women
- Free Pregnancy Tests
- Maternity and baby items
- Information about pregnancy options, fetal development, and abortion
- Post-abortion support group
- Information about referrals for adoption
- Parenting, birthing, and sexual health classes
- Support groups for new and expectant mothers
- Information about community resources
- Resource library with information about pregnancy, parenting, and life skills
- Referrals for continued education
- Referrals for medical, legal, and financial resources
- Free ultrasounds
- Abstinence Education in the Cabot, Beebe and Lonoke Public Schools.
Options Pregnancy Center could use volunteers in the following areas:
1.Volunteers to teach Parenting, Abstinence and build relationships to minister through bible study, Crisis Counseling.
2. Cleaning their building once or twice a month.
3. Helping on events ie: help with setup at our Fundraising Dinner, Being a Table Hosts, after dinner support at the center by cleaning and putting back up all the supplies. Help with Baby bottle Campaign.
4. Keeping their Baby Store equipped and supplied, even by getting the other churches to take a month of the year that they do a baby shower with the needs.
5. Trained to relieve the front desk, answering phones an putting up charts and checking in clients.
Must be able to keep all clients confidential and all information confidential.